Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

A re-introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DukeBoxer, Nov 1, 2018.

1. DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer Active Member

Hello all, I used to be active on this forum years ago when it was new and then life went a different direction. My wife and I started our own business, we had 2 kids and very little time for hobbies. In that time we continued building a house in Costa Rica and now I'm proud to say we are living here full time and my wife has started another collection. She has met someone here who has a huge collection of Cattleya species and has acquired 26 different species from him. We also have many other endemic and other species and some hybrids. It's nice to finally be able to grow them outside year round! We are planning to set up a hoop house with a misting system to be able to grow some more miniature and cooler growing species also.

2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome back. Good to hear life if going well.

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome.

4. DukeBoxer

DukeBoxer Active Member

Hey Marni, nice to see you here still! I don't see too many people that were on here before.

Thank you Kelly!

5. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

It did go through some difficult changes after Forrest and Jon sold it. It has become a very welcoming place to share images and exchange information.