Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by judy99, Apr 30, 2016.

1. judy99

judy99 New Member

Hi All,
    I'm new to this forum. I could use some orchid help. I have a phal orchid its maybe 2 years old
    I finally got it to bloom :) First the roots look good to me its in a clear plastic pot so I can see them. The orchid does need to be repotted but, I'm guessing I have to wait until its finished blooming. I couldn't be happier. The problem is its leaves. They aren't looking to good. have some black spots on them I have like maybe 4 that are ok but, the rest look bad if I could figure out how to post a picture of them I will... I'm even surprised its blooming because of the leaves. I was so afraid it would even just drop its flowers cos of the leaves. I have it in my kitchen window by the sink. I water once a week. I use tap water and fill up the whole pot let it sit for 5 minutes then drain the whole thing. Then all of a sudden my leaves started looking like yellowy and spots on them. I sure could use some help... Thanks in advance!

Jenascrich likes this.
  2. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Without a photo it is hard to say if/what the problem is. However, Phalaenopsis do not retain very many leaves. As the lower leaves age they will eventually yellow and fall off. You said "maybe 4 that are ok but, the rest look bad". How many are the "rest" that look bad? If it is 2 that is likely OK ... more than 2 might be a problem.

Oh, welcome to the Forum.

3. judy99

judy99 New Member

I wish I knew how to download a picture :( . I am having a hard time finding that info.

4. judy99

judy99 New Member

WIN_20160501_08_27_05_Pro.jpg WIN_20160501_08_27_05_Pro.jpg WIN_20160501_08_27_05_Pro.jpg

Attached Files:

5. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Looks like normal aging to me. That lowest leaf will probably drop off soon.