Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Orchid Journal International, online magazine

Discussion in 'Everything Else Orchid' started by s1214215, Jan 4, 2016.

1. s1214215

s1214215 Member

Orchid Journal International Cover.jpg Hello everyone

I would like to invite you to my new online magazine, Orchid Journal International, with articles from authors world-wide: including members of this group, Marni Turkel and Chad Lees.

Join up free to read the first edition.

The second edition is viewable on upgrade to a paid members account for USD$35 for the year. The magazine goes online bi-monthly in a flip magazine format, with clickable links to advertisers, pop up photos, and other features. We are working on having webinars, documentary and other features too in the near future.

Contents in the Volume 2, Edition 1, 2016 include:

*Complex Paphiopedilum Culture My Way by Ivan Vescovi
    *Chinese Cymbidiums: Their History & Culture by Wei-Yi Chen
    *Preserving Orchid Diversity in Eastern Sabah by Ryan Gray
    *Growing Spatulata Dendrobiums in a Sub-Tropical Climate: Species & Hybrids by Robert Reitano
    *How to Succeed with Tolumnia by Christine Martin
    *The Cultivation of Australian Corybas: My Journey by Kris Kopicki
    *A Focus on Bolusiella maudiae (Bolus) Schltr, a rarely seen epiphytic gem by Craig M. Gibbon
    *Repotting Fuukiran in the Traditional Japanese Style by Rogier van Vugt & Brett Moloney
    *Growing Orchids in Terraria by Chad Lees
    *Nursery Focus: Phrao Orchids Nursery, Thailand
    *The New Orchid Hybrids List by the Royal Horticultural Society
    *Advertisements by Country

I hope that you will like the magazine my team and I have produced and support us by subscribing.

www.ojimagazine.com

https://www.facebook.com/Orchid-Journal-International-1583…/

The next edition comes out March 1.

Best regards

Brett Moloney

annabanana1987 likes this.
  2. RiverRat

RiverRat New Member

I signed up for the magazine but only received one online issue and have had no response from numerous inquiries as to their status. Proceed with caution

3. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Unfortunately, they are no longer in business.

4. naoki

naoki Well-Known Member

That's too bad...

5. s1214215

s1214215 Member

RiverRat. Did you actually buy a subscription or did you only subscribe for the free copy. I was involved with the magazine and part owner until the main financial backers closed the magazine (citing insufficient public support) and removed me from any running of the business. An offer of partial refund (amount depending on when people subscribed and how many editions they were able to read was sent out from what I know). To look into this further, I need to know your name, and your email you subscribed with. It sounds like you only subscribed for the first (FREE) edition though if you can only see one edition. If you subscribed, you should have been able to see 4 editions. The financial backers were supposed to keep the website running for a year for paid subscribers to access the magazines. Please message me your details if you did purchase a membership so I can look into it and resolve it.

JA_Ventura likes this.
  6. sam1147

sam1147 sam1147

Hi. My name is Sam Ziv. Email :[email protected] .
    I paid the full sum and B/M ignores any mail - not even on F/B !!!

7. s1214215

s1214215 Member

I have not seen your messages on Facebook Ziv. I will get it sorted for you.. I will talk to the company next week and ask them to deal with it. It should have been.. Sadly I do not have access to that email address attached to the website since I was removed from the magazine.

8. s1214215

s1214215 Member

Sam, I found your facebook message in requests as you are not a friend of mine on facebook and I just didnt see it.. I have messaged you to rectify the problem.

9. sam1147

sam1147 sam1147

Brett- thank you very much for the refund.
    Sam

10. s1214215

s1214215 Member

You are welcome Sam.. I am only sorry I did not see your message before and acted on it sooner for you..