Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Phalaenopsis sanderiana

Discussion in 'Orchid Species' started by Paganel, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Paganel

Paganel Member

Three different clones of phalaenopsis sanderiana in bloom:

IMG_9133.jpeg IMG_9142.jpeg IMG_9140.jpeg IMG_9135.jpeg IMG_1550.jpeg IMG_1549.jpeg IMG_1545.jpeg IMG_2493.jpeg IMG_2492.jpeg IMG_2489.jpeg

DarleneJay and Roberta like this.
  2. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

They are really beautiful! I'm interested in where you are growing your plants. Greenhouse, under lights? The Brassavola plants appear to be in the house. Or maybe that is a display area?

Gerrit and Paganel like this.
  3. Paganel

Paganel Member

Thanks for your interest, Marni.
    No, I get quite humble conditions - a small glassed-in balcony in an apartment in a multi-storey building where I try to create appropriate conditions for my plants. The windows face south-southeast, it is very sunny in the warm season, and I also use LED lamps.
    The plants are there all year round; there is no way to take them outside. In addition, the warm season does not last long, and we have harsh winters.

Course, the balcony is insulated, but in general I have moderate conditions.

No higher than 22-23 Celsius during the day in the hottest weather (split system) and about 15 Celsius at night; in winter night temperatures in the coldest zone can drop to 7-8 Celsius, but usually stay at 12 Celsius.

My plants are accustomed to this, even phalaenopsis species. With this culture they bloom 2-3 times a year, depending on the species.

All plants are kept in one place; I am comfortable with the hanging system of pots which are movably attached to horizontal brackets. This was a design of my own Ā«inventionĀ» since racks in such a small space were not the best solution.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    Marni likes this.
  4. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks for the explaination. It is very ingenious and seems to work very well.

Paganel likes this.