Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Re-introducing myself

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Doc Elly, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Doc Elly

Doc Elly Member

I was fairly active on this forum and others a few years ago, but got crazy-busy and lazy and stopped posting on the orchid forums. For those of you who don't remember me, I'm Ellen Covey, the owner of Olympic Orchids orchid nursery, a small growing operation just outside Lynnwood Washington. We've been in business for 7 years now, specializing in reasonably-priced miniatures, species seedlings, and a few hybrids that aren't available in stores, especially cattleya alliance.

In addition to the orchid business, I'm also a member of the Northwest Orchid Society, a professor at the University of Washington, and the owner and perfumer of Olympic Orchids Artisan Perfumes, in business now for 3 years.

Mostly, orchid growing is a long-time love and hobby, and I just realized today that I miss interacting with folks here. I look forward to participating as I can.

2. goods

goods Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Happy to have you back Ellen! I hadn't heard of your nursery previously...off to check out the site :)

3. KellyW

KellyW Orchid wonk Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome back. You do sound very busy!

4. Brent W

Brent W Owner Staff Member

Welcome back :)

5. Marni

Marni Well-Known Member Staff Member Supporting Member

Very nice to see you here. Now I am connecting the dots. I will be speaking at the Northwest OS in October and hope to meet you in person.

6. Doc Elly

Doc Elly Member

Marni, I look forward to meeting you in person when you come to Seattle in October!

7. ZWUM

ZWUM Bulbophiliac Staff Member

Welcome back to the forum Ellen!