Welcome to OrchidsForum.com. We are a friendly online community for Orchid Growers all over the world. If you haven't joined yet we invite you to register and join our community. Hope to see you on our forums!

Some plants for trade or sale

Discussion in 'For Trade/Sale' started by Jon, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Jon

Jon Mmmm... bulbophyllum...

I'm willing to entertain offers or trades for these. If trades are offered, I'd prefer small species. I'll ship to the US only, weather permitting. USPS Priority is preferred. Buyer pays actual shipping.

GONE Dendrobium uniflorum $20 - I got this a few years ago at Fantasy Orchids in Louisville, CO. I didn't realize it was a seedling at the time, as I didn't know how large mature plants were supposed to be. It flowered for me last summer, but I didn't have my camera equipment to photograph it. I tell you this to vouch for the ID. It has 16 canes, 4 of them are leafless, and the longest one is ~16". Plant pic

GONE Ceratostylis retisquama $15 - A sweet little species that makes an impressive specimen plant. It's easy to grow. I don't have a flower pic, but you can do a search and find a couple. Plant pic

Bulbophyllum orectopetalum $20 - Beautiful little lobbii type. This is the lighter colored clone that's floating around. Easy grower given high RH. Plant pic & some species pics

Bulbophyllum blumei $20 and up - I'll have to get a division from the mother plant. This clone has crimson red flowers; they're almost blood red. It's really a great clone. Fast growing and free flowering. I'd guess a $20 division would have 6-8 bulbs minimum. I don't have a fancy flower pic, but here's one taken with my PS camera. Flower pic

Bulbophyllum compressum $30 - Extremely uncommon in the US. I don't know very many people that have this species. It's odd among bulbos in that the bulbs are, well, compressed. Or so it seems. They're kind of flattened looking. If you search for "compressum", you'll find Clawd's flower photos. Plant pic

Bulbophyllum flavescens $35 - Fast growing, clumping species. It's in a plastic pot now, but it would be happier mounted. I have a couple clones of this species, and they're a spectacular sight when they bloom every fall. some species pics & actual plant pic

GONE - Encyclia garciana $20 - I neglected this plant for a few years because I completely forgot about it (it was hiding on the floor behind a bucket). I found it about 6 months ago and moved it to more favorable conditions. It's a little rough, but it's starting to grow very well. Plant pic

Bulbophyllum ambrosia $25 - I acquired this one at the Petite Plaisance closing sale a few years ago. I'm not sure what I was thinking as it's a distinctive species, and I already have a couple of clones of it... anyhow, it flowered well for me a couple of months ago, and sure enough: it smells like honey. The bulbs on this species turn a beautiful dark red/mahogany given enough light. Plant pic & some species pics

GONE - Stelis tridentata $25 - A specimen plant that I've had forever. It's not really a good "fit" with my current collection, so I'm divesting. Good intermediate, medium shade loving plant. Plant pic

GONE - Maxillaria rufescens $20 - A clumpy maxillaria with 2.5-3" pleasantly fragrant yellow flowers. It blooms on and off throughout the year. It's in a 4" pot, but it really would prefer something larger. Easy grower and bloomer. Plant pic

Bulbophyllum werneri $40 - A very strange bulbo. Kind of a "collector's bulbo", if you will. I'd like to take a small division of the plant before I send it out; a couple of backbulbs or something. Here are some species pics & here is the plant pic

GONE - Pleurothallis tripterantha $35 - Specimen plant. I would conservatively guess this plant has 100 growths on it. Like the stelis above, it's not a good "fit" with my current collection. The plant pic is taken from above. I don't have flower pics, so you'll have to run over to Jay's site or something to see some.

Maxillaria marginata $30 - I love this species, but the plant isn't really something I can handle easily in my small greenhouse. I guess I just like bulbos more than this one. :) Plant pic. Do a search here to find some flower pics. It's really a rewarding species.

Jumellea arachnanthe $20 - An angraecoid. Any description I put here wouldn't be sufficient for Floozo, so I'll just leave it at "sweet species". Plant pic

GONE - Maxillaria arbuscula $20 - Awesome grower, great foliage, easy to bloom... a pretty sweet plant. I have two, and I only need one. Plant pic

Pholidota uraiensis $15

Pholidota chinensis 'riopelle' $8

Paraphalaenopsis serpentilingue $25 - I have a few of these available. They were deflasked a few years ago and have 6" leaves. Still babies, but they're starting to take off.

Please contact me via PM or at [email protected].

2. abaxter

abaxter New Member

I'm interested in the Encyclia and the Maxillaria ruf. What now? Can I assume both
    plants are intermediate/warm growers?

3. Jon

Sent you an e-mail, Angela.

4. mrbreeze

mrbreeze Anglican Supporting Member

Could you please describe the Jumellea in more detail?

Especially things like the fragrance and the seductive curves of the flower parts. And the way the leaves feel. TIA

5. abaxter

abaxter New Member

Mister Breeze, you are a loyal man and one of a kind!

6. Jon

7. lothianjavert

lothianjavert New Member

Are the scaphs still available? (beluosum and grande)

ETA and the max. arbuscula?

Thanks,

Rachael

8. Jon

pmub

9. Dale

Dale New Member

Haxat zo whorr peos pmuf voaxan?

10. Tracey

Tracey Interloper

:D

11. Jon

bump

12. Jon

Lists updated

13. Jon

List updated. I'll take any reasonable offer on anything.

I also added the paraphalaenopsis serpentilingue seedlings.

14. piotrm

piotrm Well-Known Member

wish to order at least couple of Bulb... but understand it is a NO for me :-(

15. Mary Jane

Mary Jane New Member

I wouldn't mind having one of those paraphals.

16. Jon

Done